THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

About Me

My photo
To me I think that Life is Like Lemons, not because it's a citrussy fruit. It's because life is like LEMONS!!! Once you time is up your life has been squeezed out into lemonade, just like when we are all off track on units ><" Well now you all know i'm a procrastinator. I'll leave it at that.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Gaming Gone Wild


2008 - 2009 Entry #3


I'm ashamed and not ashamed to point out that i'm a video game addict myself because there are so many components that grab my attention to the point where you are so addicted. I had my first game console when I was four, it was a a Super Nintendo I loved it so much, as you can see i'm a young child thats starting to recognize this world, and these fun loving graphics such as the Nintendo, PlayStation, Xbox games are a obviously a marketing scheme but I gotta hand it to them they are very clever at targeting at the children - youth audience because we are all into having fun and games. In my own concience I have brought my self to limit my gaming times. So I think we should enable ourselves to be aware that plaing video games all the time is not our main proirity which will lose our responsibilities of many things. These video games will affect us many ways, socially- how we interact with others or maybe lose interest in our friends, financially - buying the latest games, physically - if we get too addicted I mean we can get diseases but mostl likely heart and brain cancer, and triggers also to addiction and maybe even death, like for example the article where a boy was missing and ran away from home because he was addicted to his XBox 360 and was beginning to get low grades because of his video game addiction and later in a few weeks he was found dead. It's not a good resort to turn o video games all the time. In my perspective, if it weren't for video games I think we'd be more lively like playing more sports and be more smarter the "old-fashioned" way like how our parents were taught and were brought up as responsible kids. But I still questions what in video games triggers us like rock band? I mean, it's just picking a small guitar with four buttons and a pick comparing it to actually "picking up' an instrument and actually playing your own tunes, and also Wii- Sports considering I have a Wii myself, we can play tennis, boxing, bowling, golf and all those stuff when we can just go outside. These games are all portable that even playing tennis is at the palm of our hands that we just stay indoors rather than just going outside, making "actual sweat", these thing have brain washed us and have even made us lazier and there are more rates of Obesity and Heart, Lung and Brain Cancer from too much Ultraviolet radiation that has been given off by the television set and also the console itself and also damaged our eye sight and made us so lazy we sit on our butts all day long staring at a television set and also gaining more weight causing obesity. But I have to admit i'm addicted but I limit myself from these games.

1 comments:

Shankri J. Fabian said...

I think your right June... I do beleive there are some addictive qualities to video games. But don't think that people use video games to vent, when their lives aren't going so great? Anyways great responce keep up the great work!=P